Sketchbook Week 2: From the Real to the Surreal

In this week I had to take an everyday object and give it a 'twist of the surreal'. Usually when I look at objects I see them come to life in my head or make a up a story for them, so I didn't find this week challenging but it was fun. I first looked at my charger and the wire's curves resembled a snake. I added colour to the eyes and tongue just to make it seem like the snake part was alive in contrast from the wire. I then saw a hanging light and thought if I turned it upside down then it could be a portal to another dimension. Additionally, I kept the purpose of the light still in the surreal image by having the light be almost a spotlight on the figure and the scene. For these drawings I experimented with media by using pen, pencil, colouring pencil, and watercolours. I only did 2 drawings this week as I made them more detailed in terms of mark making and concept.



Comments

Popular Posts