Storyboard Brief: Speed and Direction


This was the storyboard I created for my first storyboard brief titled 'speed and direction'. The task was to create a storyboard in which two objects are travelling, one slowly and one quickly, and they end up meeting. One of the skills in animation I am most nervous about is storyboarding as I have little to no experience, and I find it quite hard to convey an interesting story. This final storyboard is my second attempt at this task, but I am very pleased with the outcome. My original idea of a girl being hit in the face with a tissue was very plain and I was very unmotivated to create a good storyboard out of it. As every creator knows, sometimes it's good to just get out and have a break. Therefore I went for a walk this afternoon to Penryn, hoping to come across some cool shops, but my walk was undeniably disappointing in it's outcomes and I was very annoyed at how boring my adventure was. On the way back to campus this idea just popped into my head; a massive shark and how much of a bully it is to the other fish. In my original concept I included an ending where once the shark hits the small fish it sees bubbles coming from under him and watches the bubbles going up, only to turn back and see a giant angler fish in front of him.

Notes from my walk for the storyboard:

This idea sadly didn't fit in my frame limit, and the story would have taken over the entire point of the brief: focusing on speed and direction. So I didn't include it, but would love to draw up this storyboard to see how I can make this idea work.

Comments

Popular Posts