2D Head Turn - I HATE HAIR


After animating the head turn and reaction, it was time to add the drag in the hair. I knew this would be a challenge from the start. I admit, I have many failed attempts, which I didn't record.


This is just one of the many failed attempts. I had a big problem with the hair appearing as if it was sliding, and spent forever trying to make the hair move in a natural way. I knew where I wanted the hair to go, I just struggled a lot with getting it from point A to point B. Additionally, in later failed attempts I had a problem with the hair springing up too quickly, as if it was reacting before the face reacted.


This is my final sketch version. There's still a lot wrong with it, like at the start where the hair still looks like it's sliding a little and the top of the hair changes shape. However, I think overall it isn't too bad. I put a lot of effort into this animation, and I think it shows through my progress from my first attempt to this version. I am very proud of the part where the hair flops back when the head stops moving, and the quick change to the poofy hair in the reaction.



I coloured in the sketch layer, mostly because I was slowly going insane from this hair, but it also let me see if the animation worked as a finished piece before I did the line art.

Comments

Popular Posts