3D Yawn



In 3D I was given the task to make my rig yawn. I used the 'Body Mechanics Rigs' as they have less controls and are not as detailed as MERY, but they are also detailed enough so I can experiment with movements. Additionally, this rig doesn't have a face, so I focused more on showing the emotion and expression in the body rather than in the face. This was helpful as it taught me how to exaggerate movements for expression to be clear. I have found I don't exaggerate enough in my animations, so this exercise helped me get past my fear of exaggeration. In this task, I used a reference video of myself yawning, which helped with the timing and positions. I struggled with the making the movements between key frames look 'natural', as the dope sheet was very complicated.

Comments

Popular Posts