Stop Motion - Walk Cycle

Walk cycles! Or walk paths...it's not really a cycle because it's not on the spot. Anyway, I hadn't even got to grips with the previous task, and suddenly I had to do a walk cycle. A bit daunting...but nevertheless, I had a go.


This is my first attempt, and as you can see it is very short and terrible. I was following a guide and got lost in making it detailed that it got so complicated. I kept confusing myself, so the leg that was supposed to go forwards ended up going backwards and appearing to slide. After realising my mistake, I ended the animation early and started again.


So you might be wondering 'why did you abandon the second attempt? It looks alright.' This attempt went so well, until a 3rd year went looking for something in the cupboard behind me and in the process knocked my camera. The damage was done, and I had to try again.


My final attempt: a success story.
The walk is a little slow, but I am overall very pleased with it. The movement is right, I think I made the motion look natural, I didn't move the clothes or hair too much. The only problem I have with it is that his feet get a little cut off at the bottom, and the walk goes from an extreme left to the middle. (when I could've just placed him further in the middle)

Comments

Popular Posts