2D Walk

For the last 2D task I had to animate a standard walk using a figure with no details, such as facial expressions. I've done a 2D running cycle before so I was quite confident in doing this task.
Here I animated all the frames I needed. First I started with the key frames and the added all the inbertweens on 2s using the guide on the learning space. In a walk the figure needs to bob up and down, so I made sure this happened by planning it out on a separate layer. (which is shown by the blue lines)
I then copied the frames and moved them across so the figure walks across the screen. After getting feedback I saw the back hand popped out, so I changed the next frame so the back hand was straight out and didn't pop on and off in one frame.

I am really happy with the result of this task, and I definitely think 2D is my strongest animation medium.

Comments

Popular Posts