Tabby Colours - Christmas Animation Challenge

After finishing my first modules I was worried I'd quickly forget how to animate. So over Christmas I set myself the challenge to do one animation everyday in the holidays. Obviously, I failed but I'm very surprised how far I got! This was inspired by The Brothers McLeod's '365 - One Year, One Film, One Second a Day' video, which I first saw in my foundation year at Leeds College of Art and it became one of the videos that inspired me to learn how to animate.

Before I went home for Christmas we did a festive animation challenge in 2D class. We only had 2 hours so we just had to make an animation lasting 25 frames. I based mine off my cat and home, as my cat loves to just take over the space in front of the fireplace when we put a fire on!


I am more of a designer than a technical animator, so I focused a lot on the colours and visuals. I wish I'd done more, but I'm pleased with the result of this fun animation and I also won 2nd place!

To create my animations for my Christmas challenge I used an iPad app called 'Animation Creator HD Express', which allowed me to animate on the go. I didn't have any software like TVPaint or Flash with me as I was travelling around, so it was handy to have an app. Additionally, it allowed me to trial apps and see which ones suited me. When I got back to uni I edited the video and added sound effects, which I think made the animations funnier and easy to understand.


Eel progress:




Snail:


Experimental drips:


Ice Skating:


Kylo Ren Lightsaber:


Haircut:


Red Velvet Peek-A-Boo Choreo:


Crying Wallet:


Jonghyun Tribute:


Spiderman Homecoming:

Comments

Popular Posts