Tabby Colours - devanshei Style Challenge


To get better at drawing I like to take part in drawing challenges. Up until recently I have mostly used Instagram as my only social media platform, as I found the layout easier to use and the point of Instagram is to upload a photo, which works well for artists. A year ago I tried Tumblr, however I found it much harder to use and it was difficult to talk to other artists and create a community. I now use Twitter and Instagram, as Instagram allows for close-knit communities meanwhile Twitter is good for spreading word fast.

I saw the art challenge by user @devanshei on Instagram where she drew a character, and anyone could redraw it. I knew this'd definitely be a challenge as the drawing had no shading, so I'd have to work out the lighting and colours on my own. 


In the end, I did find it a challenge and I'm not super happy with the result. However, I am pleased that I gave it a go, and I might try it again once I build up my drawing skills.


Making the video:

Here's a short time-lapse of me editing the video! I used Final Cut Pro to edit and Photoshop CS4 for animating titles and making backgrounds.

Comments

Popular Posts