Tabby Colours - Younha Speedpaint



One of my goals over Christmas was to get better at digital painting. Even though I already had too much to carry home with my 3 bags, I made sure I brought my Wacom tablet. I also want to explore colour more, as I really struggle with colour theory for some reason.

I loved the colours and aesthetics in Younha's music video 'Parade', and I was obsessed with the song already so I thought it'd be fun to draw a part of the MV! I found it a lot easier than I thought, probably because I had a reference photo. I used the section of the MV where there was a rainbow on Younha's face, mainly because I wanted to get better at drawing faces, and again focusing on lots of colour. I've never really blended my colours, even when doing traditional art, so I kept this style in my digital work. I am pleased with how I tackled the colour, just a bit disappointed in how the features of the face aren't quite right.

Unfortunately, I don't have any of the animated files with me as I had to use the computer at home, but I used the same techniques with the titles and backgrounds as with the other videos.

Comments

Popular Posts