YouTube Channel - Tabby Colours

One of my dreams/goals has been to create my own YouTube channel. I've always been too shy to put out my own content, additionally I didn't know how to edit videos. At the end of my last module (before Christmas) I finally created my channel 'Tabby Colours'.

I want my content to focus around art, especially my digital art, however I also want to upload other videos like artistic vlogs, animation tests, progress in uni work, personal projects, etc. Rather than it be a channel confined by one genre of video, I would rather it be a space where I can upload anything I feel like making.


I started off the channel with a vlog of an afternoon off. I mostly made this video to explore how I wanted my videos to look, and how I could combine animation elements with video. I didn't plan out this video, I tried to just let my ideas effect it in the editing process. I am very happy with the result, and by making this video I transferred some of the techniques into my uni showreel.

Making the video:

As said before, I made some quick looped animations to go over some of the video. I don't have any animation software, so I used the animation/timeline function in Photoshop. I also only have Photoshop CS4, but it doesn't bother me that much as I've used it for a while and know how to work my way round it. For the animations I just made 2 layers, drew my design on one and traced over it on the 2nd layer to create the flicker. I used the Animation feature on the frame setting and made about 20 frames, each lasting 0.15 seconds. I then made the background layer invisible and exported the video.






I edited the video in Final Cut Pro using my knowledge of Premiere in class, and asking my brother for help. Final Cut Pro is very easy to use, and it didn't take me long to be able to edit confidently.

Link to the video on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpjU7NLJ4Sg

Comments

Popular Posts