Tabby Colours - Momoland Nayun Gouache Painting

After doing digital paintings for awhile, I realised I had abandoned traditional mediums, and I really missed them. I chose a photo of Nayun from Momoland as a reference photo, and used gouache to paint this portrait. I didn't use normal paper, instead I decided to try painting on thin ink paper because it had a gradient from tan to light green and I thought the texture was interesting. It was definitely a challenge to paint as the gouache was very thick and I was worried it would rip the paper.

In this painting I tried to recreate my new style, but I hadn't tried it with paint yet. I found it difficult, as my new style has a lot of sharp edges, but it was a challenge and in the end I liked the soft texture with this style. I kept with just 3 colours as I wanted to focus on the style and I only had a few gouache paints.



Reference Photo:

Comments

Popular Posts