Tea Group Project - Edited Backgrounds

After creating these backgrounds I edited them in Photoshop to add details I couldn't make with paper as the details were too small, or to change colours/tones of some areas.

I started off with the tea bust background, which resembles an elderly woman's living room. I made the side walls lighter so the scene looked more 3 dimensional, and kept this effect on the objects on these walls so they blended into the background, rather than being a focus. I also added a floral pattern to the curtains, which I made and then used blending techniques for them to take on the texture of the paper. Finally, I added a darker area to the table cloth as it looked too flat, and it is the darkest colour in this scene so it makes the table the area of focus. I wanted the table to stand out as that's where the characters will sit.


Tea Bust Background (Edited Version)


Tea Bust Background (Non-Edited Version)

I then edited my alleyway background, but only slightly as I didn't want it to be too complicated. I just added some shading for the bin, tiles on the floor, made the entrance of the alleyway lighter, and darkened the pipe end. I kept the shading very simple, as if I used paper instead of Photoshop. 


Alleyway Background (Edited Version)


Alleyway Background (Non-Edited Version)

Finally, I edited the kitchen background. I didn't add any patterns, instead I just added shading and played with the tones to make it 3 dimensional. I added shading to the TV, fridge, chairs, cabinet, table, and clock. I also added a filter on the floor as I wanted it to be darker, however I found that this effect picked up lots of details, including the dried glue on the white surfaces. It created a dirty look, which I liked as it contrasts from the sharp, clean chairs and table.


Kitchen Background (Edited Version)


Kitchen Background (Non-Edited Version)

Comments

Popular Posts